What are the benefits of washable incontinence underwear, besides, obviously, the fact that it’s washable? Why should you consider using it instead of, or in addition to, other incontinence aids?
If you’re imagining some form of washable cloth diapers right now, then you’re in for a surprise or two. The reusable incontinence underwear available these days is a far cry from the incontinence aids people had to resort to in the past.
The HealthDri family of washable bladder control garments is a great example. Its patented moisture management system controls odors, prevents leakage and eliminates spot-through. And there’s no vinyl or rubber involved, either.
Are you surprised yet?
The Advantages of Washable Incontinence Underwear
- It looks just like regular underwear. Yes, really. You can choose women’s panties, which have a cotton pointelle or nylon shell and an ultra-soft cotton liner in a classic style, or men’s interlock cotton briefs with a fully functional fly. These products enhance – rather than compromise – your sense of masculinity or femininity.
- It comes in a range of sizes and absorbancies. Women’s panties come in six sizes and men’s briefs come in five sizes, so you don’t have to compromise on fit. And you can choose moderate or heavy absorbency.
- It’s designed to last. Are you worried that your underwear won’t keep its shape after many washes? Don’t be concerned. HealthDri garments are made of quality fabrics with reinforced stitching to hold style and shape, one laundry load after another.
- It’s easy to use. There are no loops, snaps, pockets, Velcro or adhesives to contend with. You put your underwear on, take it off, and wash it. That’s about it.
- It’s discreet. Diapers are bulky and they make noise when you move around. Some incontinence aids have beads that transform moisture into lumps that are hardly inconspicuous. The HealthDri system uses moisture-wicking technology that disperses moisture evenly, so there’s no need to go out and purchase a muumuu. Wear whatever clothes you like and maintain your dignity in the process.
- It controls odors. The gradual evaporation process within the moisture management system accomplishes just that.
- It’s comfortable. Let’s face it: diapers are not what come to mind when you think about comfort. HealthDri, on the other hand, pulls moisture away from the skin with an ultra-soft, stay-dry liner, moves moisture farther away from the body and disperses moisture for evaporation through a unique combination of interior fabrics. Topping it off is a breathable outer shield that promotes further evaporation and protects against leakage or spotting. Say goodbye to incontinence wetness, and stop it from impeding an active lifestyle.
- It’s easy on the wallet and ecologically friendly. Because this reusable underwear can be used over and over, you can save as much as $1,000 a year as compared to using disposables. Plus, reusable incontinence underwear creates less waste than disposables do.
In short, when faced with incontinence, you needn’t resort to bulky, uncomfortable diapers. Washable incontinence underwear prevents leakage, too, but also keeps you dry, confident and socially secure without breaking the bank or hurting the environment. If incontinence is interfering with your usual activities, give washable incontinence underwear a try, and get ready to get your life back.